According to General Dominance Theory and Cyber Dominance Theory, achieving the six critical controls will ensure dominance.
The six critical cyber controls:
- Affect Reality: Control your assets and your networks; be able to change when you need to change.
- Collect Information: Collect information about your cyber reality; monitor your assets, networks, and adversaries.
- Synthesize Information: Transform information into knowledge of where you stand and your adversary’s actions and plans.
- Deny Adversary: Affect Reality: Your adversary wants to be able to affect and use the Cyber Domain. Don’t let him.
- Deny Adversary: Collect Information: Your adversary is more effective when they know what your are doing now and what you will do next.
- Deny Adversary: Synthesize Information: Ensure your adversary can’t transform the information he collects into actionable knowledge.